Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Holidays

They are coming to an end and while it has been a while since I posted, it hasn't been a while since I have been learning Hungarian. I have stuck with study and learn whenever possible and spend at least 1/2 hour in the morning focusing on learning. Throughout the day I take breaks to practice, continue to listen to Hungarian radio and pick apart small sentences.

One of my reasons for learning Hungarian is to obtain dual citizenship. I have until the Hungarian Consulate returns to Chicago and that date has not been set yet. I know I have to have a basic knowledge "To be able to ask the price of a loaf of bread." is what I was told on my last meeting with the Consulate. Since my paperwork is already being processed I should just have to meet again, hold a conversation and then get my picture for a passport.

I am glad that I have no other information as to how much I need to know since my other reason was to be able to communicate comfortably when we are in Hungary.

Well, enough typing, more studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment