Monday, November 17, 2014

A Weekend of Learning

As I mentioned, the Memrise Basic Hungarian course is helping me learn pronunciation but no too many useful words to communicate with. There is a course Hungarian w/Audio:Level 1 that has more words that I will be able to use when we return to Budapest in December.

This week starts the section "Phrases for Courtesy" on the Learn Hungarian app. I am going to practice this section along with the "Greetings and General Words".

As suggested, I am trying to immerse myself in the language as much as possible. When I want some background music or radio I have been streaming from http://www.mediaklikk.hu this site streams in radio and a couple of televions channels.

Last night I started to watch Pál Adrienn with English subtitles. I have been able to pick up a few words so far and it does help that even if it was a silent movie, at this point, I would be able to get an understanding as to what is taking place.

I must apologize. Early in my posts I forgot to mention Chris Kovacs, Bocsánat. While Chris offeres lessons via Skype, I found him on You Tube as The Hungarian Project with many lessons explaining the language. When I have a few mintues I review what he has recorded and the grammer starts to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment