Friday, November 14, 2014

My must know phrases...

From past trips to Budapest and from what I am seeing online, I would think these are my must know phrases. The first list are those I already know and use.

If there are some to be added or deleted just let me know...


Good morning! : Jó reggelt!

Good afternoon! : Jó napot!

Good evening! : Jó estét!

Good night! : Jó éjszakát!

Hi! : Hello! / Szia! (plural: Sziasztok!)


Bye! : Viszontlátásra! (Viszlát! for short)

My name is... : ... vagyok.

You're welcome! : Szívesen!

Please: Kérem

Cheers!: Egészségedre!

Thank you! : Köszönöm!
 
Yes: Igen

No: Nem

Good: jó

Toilet: WC (pronounced in Hungarian as "vécé")
Egy sört kérek! A beer please!


What's your name? : Hogy hívják? (no English sound as "gy"...)
Congratulations: Gratulálok!

Excuse me: Elnézést

I'm sorry: Sajnálom

I don't know: Nem tudom
.
Tomorrow: holnap


Yesterday: tegnap
Today: ma


Now: most

Here: itt

There: ott

Excellent: Kitűnő

Bad: rossz ("ssz" pronounced as "ss" in the word "miss")

Terrible: Borzalmas



No comments:

Post a Comment